Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It has been a while since I've blogged

I've had a busy week. Busy doing work, schoolwork, baby watching, and preparing for the coming semester, which starts next week on Sunday. I hope I'll have time to put something up about the parsha or about Pesachim. I have material I want to discuss, but might not have the time to put it down.

My pet peeve, the (scholarly) use of the h to mean chet in ambiguous situations, was further bolstered today. After reading this comment for the 15th time, I finally understood it:
You don't have to take everything that every aharon says as fact-even if he is a zaddiq and talmid hakham.
This was a response to a statement cited from the Tosefot Yom Tov. I was unaware that Rabbi Yom Tov Lipman Heller was a kohen, or why one would think that one should listen to someone just because he is a Kohen.

Then I realized that what she meant was acharon. Oops!

I am also involved in a parsha-related discussion on soc.culture.jewish.moderated here. There is still one post pending approval by moderators. Might be of interest.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin